She obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology in 2012 and her master degree in Medical Biotechnology in 2015 at the University of Milano-Bicocca.
She works on in vivo research projects regarding Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neurotoxicity at the Experimental Neurology Unit (University of Milano-Bicocca), where she currently is Ph.D. student in Neuroscience.
Her main skills are in the development and use of in vivo experimental models to study the peripheral neuropathies.
- Preclinical assessment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neurotoxicity
- Neuroprotection studies in chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathies (CIPN) models
- Study of molecular mechanisms involved in antineoplastic-induced peripheral neurotoxicity
MOST RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
- Fumagalli G, Monfrini M, Donzelli E, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Bonandrini B, Figliuzzi M, Remuzzi A, D’Amico G, Cavaletti G, Scuteri A. Protective Effect of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells on the Survival of Pancreatic Islets. Int J Stem Cells. 2019 Dec 31. doi: 10.15283/ijsc19094. [Epub ahead of print]
- Alberti P, Canta A, Chiorazzi A, Fumagalli G, Meregalli C, Monza L, Pozzi E, Ballarini E, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Oggioni N, Sancini G, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. Topiramate prevents oxaliplatin-related axonal hyperexcitability and oxaliplatin induced peripheral neurotoxicity. Neuropharmacology. 2020 Mar 1;164:107905. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2019.107905. Epub 2019 Dec 4.
- Meregalli C, Fumagalli G, Alberti P, Canta A, Carozzi VA, Chiorazzi A, Monza L, Pozzi E, Sandelius Å, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. Neurofilament light chain as disease biomarker in a rodent model of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. Exp Neurol. 2018 Sep;307:129-132. doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2018.06.005. Epub 2018 Jun 13
- Meregalli C, Marjanovic I, Scali C, Monza L, Spinoni N, Galliani C, Brivio R, Chiorazzi A, Ballarini E, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Carozzi VA, Alberti P, Fumagalli G, Pozzi E, Canta A, Quartu M, Briani C, Oggioni N, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. High-dose intravenous immunoglobulins reduce nerve macrophage infiltration and the severity of bortezomib-induced peripheral neurotoxicity in rats. J Neuroinflammation. 2018 Aug 21;15(1):232. doi: 10.1186/s12974-018-1270-x.
- Chiorazzi A, Wozniak KM, Rais R, Wu Y, Gadiano AJ, Farah MH, Liu Y, Canta A, Alberti P, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Meregalli C, Fumagalli G, Monza L, Pozzi E, Vornov JJ, Polydefkis M, Pietra C, Slusher BS, Cavaletti G. Ghrelin agonist HM01 attenuates chemotherapy-induced neurotoxicity in rodent models. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018 Dec 5;840:89-103. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2018.09.029. Epub 2018 Sep 27.
Find out more on her ORCID profile