Born in 1987. She graduated in Biotecnology (Bachelor’s degree) in 2011 and in Medical Biotechnology (Master degree) in 2014 at the University of Milano-Bicocca. In February 2018, she received her PhD in Neuroscience.
She currently works on in vitro and in vivo projects dealing with Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neurotoxicity at Experimental Neurology Unit (University of Milano Bicocca).
Since 2014 she has been performing experiments at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF) in Grenoble, France with Dr. A. Bravin.
She is author of several scientific papers on International peer-reviewed journals.
In vitro and in vivo study of antineoplastic agents’ neurotoxicity mechanisms
In vivo and in vitro study of pharmacological neuroprotection of neurotoxic damage
Study of the effect of Photon activation therapy on normal and tumour cells and tissues
In vitro study of the possible antineoplastic effect of silica nanoparticles
- Tudda A, Donzelli E, Nicolini G, Semperboni S, Bossi M, Cavaletti G, Castriconi R, Mangili P, Vecchio AD, Sarno A, Mettivier G, Russo P. Breast radiotherapy with kilovoltage photons and gold nanoparticles as radiosensitizer: An in vitro study. Med Phys. 2022 Jan; 49(1):568-578.
- Malacrida A, Semperboni S, Di Domizio A, Palmioli A, Broggi L, Airoldi C, Meregalli C, Cavaletti G, Nicolini G. Tubulin binding potentially clears up Bortezomib and Carfilzomib differential neurotoxic effect. Sci Rep. 2021 May 18;11(1):10523.
- Lessans S, Lassiter CB, Carozzi V, Heindel P, Semperboni S, Oggioni N, Chiorazzi A, Thompson C, Wagner M, Holden J, Rahn E, Sweatt JD, Cavaletti G, Renn CL, Dorsey SG. Global Transcriptomic Profile of Dorsal Root Ganglion and Physiological Correlates of Cisplatin-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. Nurs Res. 2019 Mar/Apr; 68(2):145-155.
- Hucke A, Rinschen MM, Bauer OB, Sperling M, Karst U, Köppen C, Sommer K, Schröter R, Ceresa C, Chiorazzi A, Canta A, Semperboni S, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G, Schlatt S, Schlatter E, Pavenstädt H, Heitplatz B, Van Marck V, Sparreboom A, Barz V, Knief A, Deuster D, Zehnhoff-Dinnesen AA, Ciarimboli G. An integrative approach to cisplatin chronic toxicities in mice reveals importance of organic cation-transporter-dependent protein networks for renoprotection. Arch Toxicol. 2019 Oct; 93(10):2835-2848.
- Ceresa C, Nicolini G, Semperboni S, Gandin V, Monfrini M, Avezza F, Alberti P, Bravin A, Pellei M, Santini C, Cavaletti G. Evaluation of the Profile and Mechanism of Neurotoxicity of Water-Soluble [Cu(P)4]PF6 and [Au(P)4]PF6 (P = thp or PTA) Anticancer Complexes. Neurotox Res. 2018 Jan 17.
- Wozniak KM, Vornov JJ, Wu Y, Liu Y, Carozzi VA, Rodriquez-Menendez V, Ballarini E, Alberti P, Pozzi E, Semperboni S, Cook BM, Littlefield BA, Nomoto K, Condon K, Eckley S, DesJardins C, Wilson L, Jordan MA, Feinstein SC, Cavaletti G, Polydefkis M, Slusher BS. Peripheral neuropathy induced by microtubule-targeted chemotherapies: insights into acute injury and long-term recovery. Cancer Res. 2017 Nov 30.
- Ceresa C, Nicolini G, Semperboni S, Requardt H, Le Duc G, Santini C, Pellei M, Bentivegna A, Dalprà L, Cavaletti G, Bravin A. Synchrotron-based photon activation therapy effect on cisplatin pre-treated human glioma stem cells. Anticancer Res. 2014 Oct; 34(10):5351-5.
- Chiorazzi A, Semperboni S, Marmiroli P. Current View in Platinum Drug Mechanisms of Peripheral Neurotoxicity. Toxics. 2015 Aug 7; 3(3):304-321. doi: 10.3390/toxics3030304. Review.
- Marmiroli P, Riva B, Pozzi E, Ballarini E, Lim D, Chiorazzi A, Meregalli C, Distasi C, Renn CL, Semperboni S, Morosi L, Ruffinatti FA, Zucchetti M, Dorsey SG, Cavaletti G, Genazzani A, Carozzi VA. Susceptibility of different mouse strains to oxaliplatin peripheral neurotoxicity: Phenotypic and genotypic insights. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 11;12(10): e0186250.