Gabriella Nicolini was born in Milan on May 25, 1970. She graduated in Biological Sciences (1996) and received the Professional Biologist certification (1997) and PhD in Morphological Sciences (2001) at University of Milan. From 2001 to 2007 she worked at Department of Neuroscience, University of Milano-Bicocca with a fellowship funded by the University and as a contract researcher. Since 2007 she was hired at the same department (now School of Medicine and Surgery) as a researcher (BIO17). Assistant professor of histology, embryology and microscopic anatomy in Bachelor and Master of Science program, member of the faculty of the PhD program in Neuroscience, author of 54 publications in international journals.
An extended version of the CV is available here (italian language only).
- In vitro and in vivo study of antineoplastic agents’ neurotoxicity mechanisms
- In vivo and in vitro study of pharmacological neuroprotection of neurotoxic damage
- Study of the effect of Photon activation therapy on normal and tumoral cells and tissues
- In vitro study of the possible antineoplastic effect of silica nanoparticles
- In vitro study of possible antineoplastic effect of new metal-based drugin vitro validation of molecular target predicted by 3D in silico screenings
MOST RELEVANT PUBBLICATIONS
- Ceresa C, Nicolini G, Semperboni S, Gandin V, Monfrini M, Avezza F, Alberti P, Bravin A, Pellei M, Santini C, Cavaletti G. Evaluation of the Profile and Mechanism of Neurotoxicity of Water-Soluble [Cu(P)4]PF6 and [Au(P)4]PF6 (P = thp or PTA) Anticancer Complexes. Neurotox Res. 2018 Jan 17. doi: 10.1007/s12640-018-9864-8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ceresa C, Nicolini G, Semperboni S, Requardt H, Le Duc G, Santini C, Pellei M, Bentivegna A, Dalprà L, Cavaletti G, Bravin A. Synchrotron-based photon activation therapy effect on cisplatin pre-treated human glioma stem cells. Anticancer Res. 2014 Oct;34(10):5351-5.
- Meregalli C, Carozzi VA, Sala B, Chiorazzi A, Canta A, Oggioni N, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Ballarini E, Ceresa C, Nicolini G, Crippa L, Orciani M, Cavaletti G, Marmiroli P. Bortezomib-induced peripheral neurotoxicity in human multiple myeloma-bearing mice. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015 Jan-Mar;29(1):115-24.
- Meregalli C, Chiorazzi A, Carozzi VA, Canta A, Sala B, Colombo M, Oggioni N, Ceresa C, Foudah D, La Russa F, Miloso M, Nicolini G, Marmiroli P, Bennett DL, Cavaletti G. Evaluation of tubulin polymerization and chronic inhibition of proteasome as citotoxicity mechanisms in bortezomib-induced peripheral neuropathy. Cell Cycle. 2014;13(4):612-21. doi: 10.4161/cc.27476. Epub 2013 Dec 12.
- Carrà G, Nicolini G, Lax A, Bartoli F, Castellano F, Chiorazzi A, Gamba G, Bava M, Crocamo C, Papagno C. Facial emotion recognition in schizophrenia: An exploratory study on the role of comorbid alcohol and substance use disorders and COMT Val158Met. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2017 Nov;32(6). doi: 10.1002/hup.2630. Epub 2017 Sep 15
- Malacrida A, Cavalloro V, Martino E, Cassetti A, Nicolini G, Rigolio R, Cavaletti G, Mannucci B, Vasile F, Giacomo MD, Collina S, Miloso M. Anti-Multiple Myeloma Potential of Secondary Metabolites from Hibiscus sabdariffa. Molecules. 2019 Jul 9;24(13). pii: E2500.
- Malacrida A, Meregalli C, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Nicolini G. Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy and Changes in Cytoskeleton. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 May 9;20(9). pii: E2287.
- Malacrida A, Rivara M, Di Domizio A, Cislaghi G, Miloso M, Zuliani V, Nicolini G. 3D proteome-wide scale screening and activity evaluation of a new ALKBH5 inhibitor in U87 glioblastoma cell line. Bioorg Med Chem. 2019 Dec 30:115300. doi: 10.1016/j.bmc.2019.115300. [Epub ahead of print]
Find out more on SCOPUS