Laura Matino received her education in Biomedical Engineering at Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II and obtained the Master’s degree in 2017.
From 2018 to 2021, she joined the Tissue-electronics research group at the Center of Advanced Biomaterials for Healthcare (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Naples) as PhD student. During the PhD in Material science, she extensively characterized the interaction between cells and micro/nanostructured platforms with dedicated preparations/acquisition in optical microscopy, electron microscopy, as well as correlative light/electron microscopy.
Currently, she works as Research Fellow for the three-dimensional reconstruction of biological samples from electron microscope imaging.
MOST RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
- Intracellular action potential recordings from cardiomyocytes by ultrafast pulsed laser irradiation of fuzzy graphene microelectrodes, Dipalo M., Rastogi S.K., Matino L., Garg R., Bliley J., Iacchetta G., Melle G., Shrestha R., Shen Sheng, Santoro F., Feinberg A. W., Barbaglia A., Cohen-Karni T., De Angelis F., Science Advances, 2021, Vol. 7, no. 15.
- Characterization of the Coupling between Out‐of‐Plane Graphene and Electrogenic Cells, Matino L., Rastogi S. K., Garma L. D., Cohen‐Karni T., Santoro F., Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2020, 2000699. ▪ Printed, Low‐Voltage
- Silicon Nanowires for Intracellular Optical Interrogation with Subcellular Resolution, Rotenberg M. Y. Elbaz B., Nair V. Schaumann E. N., Yamamoto N., Sarma N., Matino L., Santoro F., Tian B., Nanoletters, 2020, 20, 2, 1226–1232.
- Living myofibroblast–silicon composites for probing electrical coupling in cardiac systems, Rotenberg M., Yamamoto N., Schaumann E. N., Matino L., Santoro F., Tian B., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2019, 116 (45), 22531-22539.
- Three-dimensional fuzzy graphene ultra-microelectrodes for subcellular electrical recordings, Rastogi S. K., Bliley J., Matino L., Garg R., Feinberg A. W., Cohen-Karni T, Nano Research, 2020, 13, 1444–1452.
- A nanostructure platform for live cell manipulation of membrane curvature, Li X., Matino L., Zhang W., Klausen L., McGuire A., Lubrano C., Zhao W., Santoro F., Cui B., Nature Protocols, 2019, 14, 1772–1802.
- Cells Adhering to 3D Vertical Nanostructures: Cell Membrane Reshaping without Stable Internalization, Dipalo M., McGuire A.F., Lou H., Caprettini V., Melle G., Bruno G., Lubrano C., Matino L., Li B.X., De Angelis F., Cui B., Santoro, 18, 9, 6100-6105, Nano Letters, 2018, 18, 9, 6100–6105.
- Bioelectronics goes 3D: new trends in cell–chip interface engineering, Pennacchio F. A.*, Garma L.*, Matino L.*, Cui B., Santoro F., Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2018, 6 (44), 7096-7101.