Born in 1983, she graduated in Medical Biotechnology in 2007 at the University of Milano-Bicocca and she got the PhD in Neuroscience in 2010 at the University of Milano-Bicocca. Now is a technical expert and she works with Prof.Cavaletti in in vivo research in the field of chemotherapy-induced neurotoxicity.
In this period she investigated the use of antineoplastic drugs and the damages induced by these drugs on the peripheral nervous system. In the laboratory of Prof.Cavaletti she developed her ability in animal studies and now, in the School of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milano-Bicocca, she exercises a role of collaboration in the conduction of in vivo experiments performed to study the peripheral painful neuropathies induced by chemotherapy drugs.
Since 2008 she has been involved in collaborative studies with National and International Research Institutes such as the “M. Negri Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Milan” and “Sigma Tau, Rome” and in 2012 she visited the laboratory of Prof. Susan Dorsey at the Centre of Pain Study, School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore (MD). During these collaborations she performed the neurophysiological analysis to study the neuropathy induced by antineoplastic drugs in mice.
In November 2017 she has completed with success the FELASA Accredited Course F 023/09 that covered mice and rats species.
She is author of 38 scientific papers on International peer-reviewed journals and 2 book chapters.
In vivo techniques:
- Intra-peritoneal, intra-venous and oral drug administration
- intra-cardiac perfusion
- organ explants
- blood sampling
- plantar test
- morphological and morphometrical analysis
- neurophysiological study
- tumor cells injection
Processing of specimens for light and electron microscopy using standard methods.
Protein extraction from cell cultures and whole tissues
MOST RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
- Alberti P, Canta A, Chiorazzi A, Fumagalli G, Meregalli C, Monza L, Pozzi E, Ballarini E, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Oggioni N, Sancini G, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. Topiramate prevents oxaliplatin-related axonal hyperexcitability and oxaliplatin induced peripheral neurotoxicity. Neuropharmacology. 2020 Mar 1;164:107905. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2019.107905. Epub 2019 Dec 4.
- Leblanc AF, Sprowl JA, Alberti P, Chiorazzi A, Arnold WD, Gibson AA, Hong KW, Pioso MS, Chen M, Huang KM, Chodisetty V, Costa O, Florea T, de Bruijn P, Mathijssen RH, Reinbolt RE, Lustberg MB, Sucheston-Campbell LE, Cavaletti G, Sparreboom A, Hu S. OATP1B2 deficiency protects against paclitaxel-induced neurotoxicity. J Clin Invest. 2018 Jan 16. pii: 96160. doi: 10.1172/JCI96160.
- Meregalli C, Fumagalli G, Alberti P, Canta A, Carozzi VA, Chiorazzi A, Monza L, Pozzi E, Sandelius Å, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. Neurofilament light chain as disease biomarker in a rodent model of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. Exp Neurol. 2018 Sep;307:129-132. doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2018.06.005. Epub 2018 Jun 13.
- Chiorazzi A, Wozniak KM, Rais R, Wu Y, Gadiano AJ, Farah MH, Liu Y, Canta A, Alberti P, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Meregalli C, Fumagalli G, Monza L, Pozzi E, Vornov JJ, Polydefkis M, Pietra C, Slusher BS, Cavaletti G. Ghrelin agonist HM01 attenuates chemotherapy-induced neurotoxicity in rodent models. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018 Dec 5;840:89-103. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2018.09.029. Epub 2018 Sep 27.
- Marmiroli P, Riva B, Pozzi E, Ballarini E, Lim D, Chiorazzi A, Meregalli C, Distasi C, Renn CL, Semperboni S, Morosi L, Ruffinatti FA, Zucchetti M, Dorsey SG, Cavaletti G, Genazzani A, Carozzi VA. Susceptibility of different mouse strains to oxaliplatin peripheral neurotoxicity: Phenotypic and genotypic insights. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 11;12(10):e0186250. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0186250. eCollection 2017.