Born in Milan on Oct 2, 1978. She graduated in Biological Sciences (2003) and received the Professional Biologist certification (2003) and PhD in Neuroscience (2006) at University of Milan “Bicocca”. From 2007 she is working at Department of Medicine and Surgery of University of Milan “Bicocca”as a technician in the creation of in vivo (rat and mouse) models of diabetes, neurotoxicity and neuroprotection and retention of transgenic mice. She is studying the molecular mechanisms and hystological characterization of peripheral neuropathies using neurophysiological and neuropathological evaluation. She is main responsible technician or 1st reviewer in the draft of final reports for pharmaceutical industries (i.e. Guilford Pharmaceuticals INC, Janssen-Cilag SPA, Novartis Pharma AG, Schering AG, Centocor R&D, Debiopharm SPA, Sigma-tau, Medigene AG, Rottapharm SpA, IBN Savio, Aphad srl). She is a student tutor and a technician tutor during microsurgery course; she is an active member of Italian Association of Peripheral Nervous System, member of American Association for Cancer Research and member of Italian Association for Laboratory Animal Science. She is the author of 33 scientific papers, 2 review and 2 chapters of two books and she was the winner of the Scholar in training awardee in 2010.
• Preclinical assessment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neurotoxicity
• In vivo study of pharmacological neuroprotection of neurotoxic damage
• Preclinical assessment of diabetic neuropathy
• Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis
• In vivo imaging analysis
MOST RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
- Canta A, Chiorazzi A, Carozzi V, Meregalli C, Oggioni N, Sala B, Crippa L, Avezza F, Forestieri D, Rotella G, Zucchetti M, Cavaletti G. In vivo comparative study of the cytotoxicity of a liposomal formulation of cisplatin (lipoplatin™). Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011 Oct;68(4):1001-8. doi: 10.1007/s00280-011-1574-3. Epub 2011 Feb 16.
- Canta A, Pozzi E, Carozzi VA. Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy (CIPN). Toxics. 2015 Jun 5;3(2):198-223. doi: 10.3390/toxics3020198. Review.
- Canta A, Chiorazzi A, Carozzi VA, Meregalli C, Oggioni N, Bossi M, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Avezza F, Crippa L, Lombardi R, de Vito G, Piazza V, Cavaletti G, Marmiroli P. Age-related changes in the function and structure of the peripheral sensory pathway in mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2016 Sep;45:136-148. doi: 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2016.05.014. Epub 2016 May 20.
- Meregalli C, Marjanovic I, Scali C, Monza L, Spinoni N, Galliani C, Brivio R, Chiorazzi A, Ballarini E, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Carozzi VA, Alberti P, Fumagalli G, Pozzi E, Canta A, Quartu M, Briani C, Oggioni N, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. High-dose intravenous immunoglobulins reduce nerve macrophage infiltration and the severity of bortezomib-induced peripheral neurotoxicity in rats. J Neuroinflammation. 2018 Aug 21;15(1):232.
- Meregalli C, Fumagalli G, Alberti P, Canta A, Carozzi VA, Chiorazzi A, Monza L, Pozzi E, Sandelius Å, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. Neurofilament light chain as disease biomarker in a rodent model of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. Exp Neurol. 2018 Sep;307:129-132.
- Chiorazzi A, Wozniak KM, Rais R, Wu Y, Gadiano AJ, Farah MH, Liu Y, Canta A, Alberti P, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Meregalli C, Fumagalli G, Monza L, Pozzi E, Vornov JJ, Polydefkis M, Pietra C, Slusher BS, Cavaletti G. Ghrelin agonist HM01 attenuates chemotherapy-induced neurotoxicity in rodent models. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018 Dec 5;840:89-103
- Hucke A, Rinschen MM, Bauer OB, Sperling M, Karst U, Köppen C, Sommer K, Schröter R, Ceresa C, Chiorazzi A, Canta A, Semperboni S, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G, Schlatt S, Schlatter E, Pavenstädt H, Heitplatz B, Van Marck V, Sparreboom A, Barz V, Knief A, Deuster D, Zehnhoff-Dinnesen AA, Ciarimboli G. An integrative approach to cisplatin chronic toxicities in mice reveals importance of organic cation-transporter-dependent protein networks for renoprotection. Arch Toxicol. 2019 Oct;93(10):2835-2848.
- Alberti P, Canta A, Chiorazzi A, Fumagalli G, Meregalli C, Monza L, Pozzi E, Ballarini E, Rodriguez-Menendez V, Oggioni N, Sancini G, Marmiroli P, Cavaletti G. Topiramate prevents oxaliplatin-related axonal hyperexcitability and oxaliplatin induced peripheral neurotoxicity. Neuropharmacology. 2020 Mar 1;164:107905.
Find out more on SCOPUS